Anime Weekend Atlanta 2009!

Saturday, February 03, 2007

I'm Hooked!


OK, I admit it. I'm hooked on a trilogy by Scott Westerfeld: Uglies, Pretties, and Specials. I had a teen friend (thanks, Chaisson!) recommend the first book, Uglies, and I couldn't wait to read the next one after I finished the first. In fact, I'm reading the second one, Pretties, now. The trilogy's main female character, Tally, lives in a society where everyone is considered ugly until they are 16 and get a operation to turn them into a Pretty. Fifteen-year old Tally meets Shay, a girl who shares her birthday. But, Shay doesn't want to become a Pretty. Shay runs away before her 16th birthday to join the Smokies, a group of Uglies who live in the wilderness without much technology. I don't want to tell you too much more of the plot and possibly spoil the books for you. However, if you like gadgetry, engaging questions, betrayal, scifi, or suspense, you'll want to read these books. Come see me at the library if you want to know more!

Ms. Nancy

No comments: